Indica, Sativa, and ruderalis are the three ‘types’ of marijuana strains. Although ruderalis genetics are common in auto-flowering strains, it is rarely employed. Cannabis connoisseurs, on the other hand, prefer Sativa and Indica strains, or hybrids that combine the two. Sativa are known as the social cannabis strain because of their stimulating effects on the user. They give you a “high” that encourages you to be more creative, active, and social. Because of their uplifting effects, users continue to prefer Sativa strains.
They are frequently the most popular among those who use cannabis recreationally rather than medicinally (Sativas typically have significantly higher THC levels than Indicas). We will go through what a Sativa strain is and give our thoughts on the best Sativa strains ever in this guide.
Sativa Strains: What They Are?
First, before we go into the top product type, let us define “strains” and, in particular, “Sativa strains.” A marijuana strain is a subspecies of the cannabis plant, Cannabis sativa L., which has the scientific name Cannabis sativa L. There are three forms of cannabis: Indica, Sativa, and hybrid, as we discussed in the opening. The Sativa variety is native to Mexico, Brazil, Thailand, and Cambodia. It is thought to have originated in Africa, Asia, and South and Central America.
Like the other cannabis varieties, Sativa has produced genetically cultivated overages to promote certain plant features.
Indicas are renowned for their calming effects and possibly couch-locking properties. On the other hand, Saliva’s stimulate energy, provide a strong sense of self-worth, and are believed to improve focus and creativity. As one may expect, hybrid strains combine Indica and Sativa characteristics. They are frequently the most popular among regular users because they offer the finest of both worlds!
Sativa plants have smaller leaves and blooming cycles that are much longer than Indicas. They’re also considerably taller. While most Sativa strains only reach a height of 12 feet, a few plants can reach a staggering 25 feet! You will see that Sativa plants have a lighter shade of green than Indica plants if you look closely. In addition to taking longer to grow and mature than Indicas, Sativas have a higher THC content. Pure Sativa’s energizing qualities make it appropriate for use during the day.
The Best Sativa Strains Available In 2021
The dynamic combination has a lot in common, but they also have a lot of differences. In many ways, you could say they are ‘opposites.’ The differences amongst pot strains, from their effects on the body and mind to their coloring and height, make the notion that they are all the same laughable. Here’s a brief visual representation of the differences.
Sometimes, Sour D is known as a Sativa strain created by crossing Chemdawg and Super Skunk. Sour Diesel delivers stimulating and fast-acting dreamy cerebral effects. This strain has the following characteristics:
- Pungent flavor
- Quite impressive
- Fast-acting energize
Jack Herer, a multi-award-winning Sativa-dominant hybrid strain with a conventional Sativa content of just around 55 percent, is a Sativa-dominant hybrid strain with a traditional Sativa content of only around 55 percent. It puts you in a state of pure euphoria. With an average THC content of 15-24 percent and a low CBD content of 1-2 percent, it’s a strain that’s guaranteed to deliver!
- Blissful product
Durban, a port city in South Africa, is the source of this pure Sativa strain. It is well-known around the world for its pleasant aroma and energizing, elevating properties. Durban Poison is a great strain to help you stay productive through the day, when you’re out exploring the outdoors, or when you need a creative boost.
- High energy levels
- Chunky buds
- Thick coating
• Very expensive
Super Lemon Haze
Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze is a Sativa-dominant hybrid of Lemon Skunk and Super Silver Haze that has won two Cannabis Cups. Super Lemon Haze is a multi-colored kief-caked wonder. As the name implies, this strain has a strong lemon flavor.
Lemon Haze nicely represents Sativas. One of its best features is that it offers you a boost of energy similar to that of a strong cup of coffee, but without the jitters that caffeine can cause.
- Little sweet
- Not quite as sharp
- Wound-up tight
Clementine is a Sativa-dominant energizing strain created by crossing Tangie and Lemon Skunk. The sweet flavor and citrus scent of this strain are well-liked.
- Sweet taste
- Citrus aroma
- Increase focus level
- Lose of energy
Heavyweight Seeds’ Lemon Cake is a Sativa-dominant hybrid with sweet and musky aromas. Lemon Cake, also known as Lemon Pound Cake or Lemon Cheesecake, is a cross between Lemon Skunk and a “dangerously powerful Cheese,” according to Heavyweight.
The Lemon Cake high is as tasty as the flavor, energizing benefits that will have you up and moving in no time.
Lemon Cake has a bright beginning that makes you feel happy in both mind and body. You will experience an increase in euphoria, as well as a boost in energy and focus. At this time, some users will notice a boost in inventiveness, which will have long-term consequences.
- Unique taste
- Delicious flavors
- Sweet aroma
- High energy focus
This strain is named after Jimi Hendrix’s legendary 1967 psychedelic rock song, which will appeal to fans of the late, great Jimi Hendrix. When you learn more about this strain’s heritage, you’ll see why Purple Haze is the perfect name for it.
While the actual history of Purple Haze is unknown, it is widely assumed to be a cross between two Sativa-dominant strains, Purple Thai and Haze. Purple Haze is a slightly Sativa-dominant strain with a 60:40 sativa-to-indica ratio.
This is a tremendous solo strain to share with some pals because it is exciting and thought-provoking. Purple Haze is one of the most potent aphrodisiac strains on the market, so share it with your significant other!
You may feel a little pressure in your temples, or your cheeks may flush after first eating Purple Haze.
- Amazing Aroma
- Good Flavour
- Good Appearance
- Fluffy & soft
- Heightened anxiety
The Amnesia Haze strain is a diversified strain that inherits traits from a wide range of parent strains. It can have a wide range of genetics, but it stems from landrace strains in general, giving it a clean high with more minor side effects than typical strains.
Amnesia Haze has weathered the test of time and will most likely continue to earn prizes for years (if not decades) to come.
You can now find this excellent Sativa in most coffee shops in Amsterdam (where Amnesia has achieved widespread appeal and has become a favorite of consumers), as well as in both medical and recreational dispensaries in the United States.
- It brings inner happiness
- Relieve stress
- Mild relaxation
- Creative energy
Chocolate Diesel is a Sativa cannabis strain that combines DNA from Sour Diesel and Chocolate Thai strains. This strain may readily be compared to a cup of coffee, with its soaring exhilaration that shoots right to the head. Its flavors combine elements of both parents, with earthy chocolate and skunk diesel overtones.
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
Green Crack is a Sativa marijuana strain created by combining Skunk #1 with an unknown Indica strain. Many people enjoy this strain because of its stimulating effects. But don’t be fooled by the name: this is 100% cannabis. Few strains can match Green Crack’s intense energy and focus, as well as its stimulating mental high that keeps you going all day. The role has a zesty, fruity flavor.
Green Crack is an excellent daytime strain that may aid in treating exhaustion, stress, and depression. Some individuals have started calling this strain Cush (with a ‘C’) or Green Cush instead of “Green Crack” because the name “Green Crack” conjures up a negative image of cannabis.
- Energetic feeling
- Euphoric feeling
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
Strawberry Cough is a potent Sativa marijuana strain with mysterious genetic origins, known for its sweet strawberry scent and an expanding sensation that can make even the most seasoned consumer cough. On the other hand, Strawberry Cough is thought to be a cross between Haze and Strawberry Fields.
The skunk, fruity flavors will captivate your senses. At the same time, the cerebral, uplifting effects will fill you with a sensation of pleasure that will leave you smiling. When you are under a lot of stress, Strawberry Cough is a terrific way to relax.
It has an average THC content of 13% and can reach up to 18%. Its high is suitable for social situations. It often reduces fear and anxiety, leaving the user happier and more open. It induces a carefree state of mind that can improve focus and perception while alleviating minor aches and pains throughout the body. It’s a terrific choice for daytime use because it gives you a boost of energy and doesn’t make you feel drowsy.
- Happy feeling
- High energy levels
DNA Genetics’ Reserva Privada label created Silver Kush, a Sativa-dominant cross of Silver Bubble and OG #18 genetics. Silver Bubble’s uplifting benefits combine with OG #18’s powerful relaxing effects to create a solid Sativa-driven hybrid that will not overstimulate you with a heady buzz.
Instead, as your stress disappears, you should feel pleasant, giddy, and balanced. It should be mentioned that some people promote a genetic version of Silver Kush as a hybrid of Super Silver Haze and OG Kush.
- It brings motivation
- High energy levels
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
Find the Right Strains for You
Most dispensaries have a large selection of strains on display, making choosing which ones to try difficult. This article will address some of your concerns about strains, including their features and which ones are worth trying.
First, a brief history of cannabis. Cannabis is thought to have originated in Central Asia. Still, it has since spread throughout the world, where it has been planted and cultivated. These plants adapted to their new surroundings throughout time, changing their physical and chemical features. Landrace strains were named after these plants.
People began experimenting with these landraces as time went on, crossbreeding different male and female plants to create new strains. As a result of this experimenting, the ever-increasing variety of cannabis plants that exist today was born. Strains are what we term the different types of plants.
- Flavour and aroma – The terpene profile of a strain can generate subtle or strong smells and fragrances. You can choose a strain that gives the flavor and scent at the intensity that appeals to you according to your preferences.
- Desired effects – Everyone reacts to cannabis differently, and no strain is guaranteed to generate a specific effect. You can, however, experiment with strains that have a cannabinoid and terpene profile that is likely to create the effect you want.
If you desire intoxication effects, for example, you should choose something with a greater THC level. If you are seeking a more calming experience, search for a strain that contains linalool, a terpene linked to stress relief.
- Potency – Some strains are more potent than others depending on the percentage of different cannabinoids, notably THC. The level of potency you are looking for might help you determine which strains to try. Are you looking for a powerful high? Try something a little stronger. Looking for something a little less intense? Choose a less potent option.
- Growing method – Some people prefer cannabis that has been grown indoors or outdoors. If you are one of these people, you will want to experiment with strains that match your preferences.
- Potential medical benefits – Depending on a strain’s cannabinoid ratio or terpene composition, it could have several potentially therapeutic benefits. If you are thinking about using cannabis to treat a medical problem, go to a medical expert to find out which strains might be helpful.
- Budget – Strains are available at different price points, from budget to high-end. If you have a specific budget in mind, it will undoubtedly influence which cannabis strains you attempt.
Sativa Strain and Indica Strain: The Differences
- Origin: Cannabis sativa thrives in hot, arid areas with long days of sunshine. Africa, Central America, Southeast Asia, and parts of Western Asia are among them.
- Plant description: Sativa plants are tall and narrow with finger-like leaves. They can grow taller than 12 feet, and they take longer to develop than some other forms of cannabis.
- Typical CBD to THC ratio: Sativa generally has lower CBD levels and higher THC levels
- Commonly associated effects of use: Sativa gives users a “mind high” or an energetic, anxiety-relieving effect. You may feel productive and creative instead of relaxed and lethargic if you utilize Sativa-dominant strains.
- Popular Strain: Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, and Durban Poison are three prominent Sativa varieties.
- Origin: Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and Turkey are all home to Cannabis indica. The plants have adapted to the Hindu Kush mountains’ typically harsh, dry, and unstable climate.
- Plant description: The parent plants’ combination determines the appearance of hybrid strains.
- Typical CBD to THC ratio: Although many hybrid cannabis plants are grown to raise THC levels, each type has its ratio of the two cannabinoids.
- Commonly associated effects of use: farmers and producers, for their distinct effects, choose Hybrids. They can help with everything from anxiety and stress relief to chemotherapy and radiation side effects.
- Daytime or night-time use: This is dependent on the hybrid’s primary effects.
- Popular strains: Indica-dominant (or Indica-dom) hybrids are classed as Indica-dominant (or Indica-dom), Sativa-dominant (or Sativa-dominant), or balanced hybrids. Pineapple Express, Trainwreck, and Blue Dream are all popular hybrids.
Speak with a doctor or other healthcare expert, or a competent cannabis clinician, if you’re curious about how cannabis could benefit you. They can talk about the benefits and drawbacks for your specific health and help you find something that works for you. Then you can start looking into your choices. It may take some time to find the best solution for you. You might also discover that you have a hard time tolerating cannabis.
You can visit a dispensary and speak with a qualified staff member if you live in a state with legalized cannabis. They might be able to suggest specific strains or other items based on your personal needs. Strawberry Cough is the ideal Sativa for flavor and scent enthusiasts. Its scent transports you to strawberry fields, and its flavor is just as enthralling, sweet, peppery, and reminiscent of strawberries.