To feel energized, Sativa strain is the appropriate strain to achieve that. On the other hand, to feel relaxed, Indica is the strain best suited. How about for those who want the synergic effects of these two wonders? Hybrid strains are the solution to achieve this. Being a combination of both Sativa and Indica, the effects are generally energizing and relaxing.
Furthermore, the top cannabis strains are crafted so that they produce a wide range of effects. For example, some are Indica dominant whilst others Sativa dominant. This wide range of choices ensures that everyone is catered for. Additionally, new best hybrid strains are created for a specific effect, taste, and aroma for consumers to enjoy.
Hybrid Strain: What Is It?
Before answering the question of a hybrid strain, let’s look at what constitutes the hybrid. The two most common distinct groups of marijuana are Indica and Sativa. The Indica strain is mostly associated with providing the user with body relaxation making it an ideal nighttime strain. Whilst, on the other hand, the Sativa provides an energy boost that is ideal during the daytime. However, breeders have come up with combination strains containing both Indica and Sativa. These are called hybrid strains.
The hybrid strains possess genes from both parents resulting in new different strains with different properties. This combination results in a strain that has new effects, tastes, and flavors. The breeders have done an excellent job that has resulted in some of the best hybrid cannabis strains such as GSC, Gorilla Glue, Chemdawg, and White Widow, the staple cannabis of the Netherlands. The hybrid strains provide a way to enjoy the best of both worlds on a different level.
The Best Popular Hybrid Strains Ever in 2022
Below is the list of hybrid strains that every stoner should try out. They are for leisure and come with a range of medicinal benefits that can be utilized to ease some of the conditions.
1. GSC as Girl Scout Cookies
GSC is an Indica-dominant strain that is a result of the crossing of OG Kush and Durban Poison. It produces high euphoric feelings followed by body relaxation. In addition, this strain is an appetite stimulant that will make you feel hungry after a hit. With a THC content of 19%, it is not for beginners. However, even those with low THC tolerance are encouraged to ease up on GSC as the effects can be intense.
It has a dessert-like flavor with tones of mint, lemon, and sweet cherry. The buds have green and purple buds with wild orange hairs. It has a flowering time of 9-10 weeks, a very convenient strain for home-growers. Because of its popularity, it has some other variants which include, Thin Mint GSC and Platinum GSC.
- Relieves symptoms associated with chronic illness such as pain and nausea.
- Feelings of euphoria
- Appetite stimulant
- More than 55% of the users report feeling happy and very relaxed after using GSC
- Dry eyes
- Dry mouth
- Dizziness and paranoia which are very rare
2. OG Kush
OG Kush has yellow-green color with orange pistils and green leaves. The buds are fully coated with trichomes, the reason for their high THC content. OG Kush aroma is that of slight shades of wood, pine, and earth. Its taste has undertones of lemon, lime, and spice.
OG Kush strain is a hybrid comprising of Indica and Sativa parents. It is composed of approximately 55% Sativa and 45% Indica content. Though its origin is a mystery, its alleged parents are the Chemdawg and the Hindu Kush. The OG Kush has high THC content ranging from 20 to 27%, a favorite for stoners and patients alike. Its high THC content is the reason it is extensively used in cannabis genetics breeding.
Being balanced, marijuana users are ensured to get the best of both the Sativa and Indica worlds.
- Strong euphoria and intense relaxing, cerebral effects.
- One of the best hybrid strains which are uplifting and provides tranquillity of the peace of mind
- Therapeutic properties to help handle stress, depression, and insomnia.
- Provides relief for patients experiencing chronic pain.
- Other users have reported dry eyes.
- Mild paranoia significantly if you exceed your maximum limit.
3. Blue Dream
The appearance of the Blue Dream is a rich green color, with yellow and orange pistils and densely coated in THC-packed trichomes. The water leaves range from orange to brown and to other shades of green, depending on the subspecies being grown. The conditions on which the weed is grown also determine the color of the leaves. Blue Dream has flavors of sandalwood, crisp citrus, and grape undertones, expressing both qualities of its parents. However, its aroma isn’t as sweet as the taste. Instead, it is hard-hitting and pungent. People around you will notice the smell of the blue dream.
Blue Dream is a Sativa dominant hybrid marijuana strain. It has a 60% Sativa and 40% Indica genetic makeup. Its parents are Blueberry which is an Indica, and Haze, which is Sativa. It originated from California and is among the best hybrid strains loved on the West Coast. It has a THC content of 18%. Furthermore, it also produces a balanced high with cerebral stimulation and full-body relaxation.
- Its euphoric and relaxing effects are perfect for socializing or simply hanging out with friends.
- Good for mid-day re-energizing and uplifting
- Helps with stress and anxiety
- Relieves pain and numbs the body at the same time giving you full energy
- It also helps to deal with depression and insomnia
- It has common side effects, which include dry mouth and dry eyes.
- Paranoia and dizziness.
4. GG4 or Gorilla Glue
GG4 or Gorilla Glue is also known as Original Glue, which is a hybrid strain. Its parent strains are Chem’sChem’s Sister, Sour Dubb, and Chocolate Diesel. Moreover, it has won multiple awards, the Michigan and Los Angeles 2014 Cannabis Cups. It is one of the most beloved strains by users out there. Its couch-locking properties make it perfect to use at night for relaxing after a heavy or stressful day. However, its super high THC content makes it pro stuff not suitable for beginners. Typical strains of GG4 contains more than 20 % THC content, in some tests recording as high as 31%.
GG4 is frostily packed with trichomes and crystalline particles. This makes the buds appear as if they have been frozen. In addition, it is fully loaded with resin that will make your fingers sticky when trying to handle this weed. It has a sour apple taste from the Sour Dubb and a manufactured taste from the Chem’sChem’s Sister strain. Moreover, it has hints of gasoline and chocolate from the Chocolate Diesel strain. GG4’sGG4’s aroma is pungent as a result of its extreme stickiness. It also has hints of pine and earthy undertones, which reminds one of the forests.
- Its couch-lock properties allow you to relax and unwind
- Feel happiness and euphoria
- Mostly sought-after strain for gum diseases and muscle spasms.
- Helps with stress
- Its high THC content is suitable for those who have insomnia, depression, and loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes
- Paranoia occurs when you exceed your limit
- Not encouraged for beginners
5. SFV OG
SFV OG is an Indica-dominant hybrid, and its acronym stands for San Fernando Valley OG, where it was bred. It contains 70% Indica and 30 % Sativa. As a result, it can induce a bout of euphoria and laughter, perfectly suited for those who require a good time.
SFV OG has a physical structure common to all the OG strains. The buds are round and dense with pistils. Its color is of wintergreen hue. Its aroma comprises tart and piney undertones, followed by a strong citrus scent at the end. Moreover, it is not as earthy as other OG strains. Yet its overall aroma is pungent and sweet at the same time. It has a strong lemon flavor which may feel a little harsh when smoking a joint of SFV OG. However, the flavor lingers for quite a long time in the mouth. Therefore, this type of strain works well with a vaporizer.
- Good for relaxing and for unwinding.
- Inspire creativity for artists in their respective fields.
- Euphoric and happy feelings.
- It relieves chronic pain.
- It reduces inflammation.
- Provides instant anti-anxiety effect, which is useful for depression and anxiety disorders.
- It is very suitable for panic attacks as it prevents inflammation of the nerves and brain responsible for panic attacks.
- Dry, itchy eyes
- Dry mouth and feeling dehydrated
- Paranoia, especially for those with existing anxiety disorders
Trainwreck is a Sativa dominant strain hybrid. It contains 65% Sativa and 35% Indica. Additionally, it is a product of crossing Mexican and Thai landraces, which are Sativa and Afghani landrace, an Indica. Moreover, it has a THC content of 18-26 %. Its effects are, as the name suggests, a train wreck for sure. It begins with surges of euphoria. This is followed by an awakening of creativity which is useful for artists.
The buds of the Trainwreck have a neon green color. The curly pistils are orange and sometimes green. The buds are covered in dense frosty-looking trichomes. The extra bits of resin brighten and sparkle when directed with a light beam. Its aroma is that of lemon-lime, which engulfs the room more than other citrus aroma marijuana strains. However, Trainwreck has menthol and an acidic sour taste, far from what it looks like. Moreover, the flavor gives off a semi-spicy pine taste that excites the taste buds.
- Produce euphoric and happy feelings.
- It aids those suffering from depression, stress, and PTSD.
- Induce appetite, especially for those undergoing chemotherapy which usually leaves patients without appetite.
- It is excellent for chronic pain and migraine headaches as it is a relaxant.
- Used for muscle spasms
- Many users have reported panic attacks. Therefore it is not suitable for those with anxiety.
- It increases paranoia, anxiety, and uncomfortable experience for inexperienced weed smokers.
- Dry mouth
- Dry, itchy eyes
7. Cookies and Cream
Cookies and Cream is a hybrid between Starfighter and a secret Girl Scout Cookies phenotype. It is a balanced high breed, with half being Indica and the other Sativa. Its high doses can induce an early good night’s sleep. It has an average THC content of 26% and is known to induce happiness and euphoria.
Cookies and Cream are well known for their sweet taste and smell. It has a vanilla flavor which is somewhat slightly off compared to the one you will find in ice creams. However, its vanilla flavor is close to the one which you likely to find in whiskeys. On top of that, it has earthy flavor undertones, which make Cookies and Cream stand out on its own among the cannabis strains.
Furthermore, it has a cannabis kief that produces a powerful inviting for the smell. Finally, it has dark wood green buds, although it’s possible to find a lighter appearance.
- It has a great taste just like its name
- Suitable for those who want to feel happy without feeling couch-locked.
- It provides a chilling and relaxed experience.
- Helps those suffering from depression and chronic pain
- Dry mouth
- Dry eyes and dizziness are common side effects
- Anxiety and paranoia if overdosed
8. Blue Cookies
Blue Cookies is Indica-dominant hybrid marijuana. It is a cross between GSC and Blueberry. As an offspring of the two heavyweight strains, you are guaranteed intense euphoria and relaxation of the body. It is a 90% Indica hybrid. This hybrid strain has a 20-26% THC potency, perfect enough to impress hard-core veterans.
Blue Cookies has a berry taste similar to Blueberry strain with hints of earth. However, the combination of the cherry and grape felt upon inhalation unlocks whole new other levels. It has frosty resin that covers the buds. The buds have hues of green and purple. On top, it has vibrant orange pistils that make the flower more impressive to behold. The buds have a fruity-smelling berry aroma combined with a harsher dark scent. This combination provides a sophisticated aroma that is a delight to indulge in.
- Overwhelming euphoric effects, producing extreme happiness and focus
- Aids in overcoming stress
- It is very relaxing
- Helps to deal with depression, ADHD, and PTSD
- A fast-acting and long-lasting solution for chronic pain and muscle tension
- Increases sexual desire, arousal, performance, and pleasure
- Wondering thoughts if not taken correctly
- Dry mouth and eyes
- Can cause dizziness
9. White Widow
White Widow is a balanced hybrid, a cross between a Brazilian Sativa and South Indian Indica. Both parents are landraces, producing balanced energy. It was first created in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. It has a high range of 20-25% THC levels, making it one of the potent best hybrid strains. This popular hybrid strain is the staple weed of the Netherlands.
The aroma of White Widow is skunky spicy with a hint of hemp spice. Its scent is so strong that it can be smelt from a distance. The taste varies from being spicy to peach to ripe apple. The buds have bright crystals covering that glistens when exposed to light. The buds have a green color. Additionally, it has long orange pistils, which enhance the attractiveness of the White Widow.
- Stimulates socialization and creativity
- Feel energized at the same time relaxed
- Provides relief for depression and anxiety
- Aids in easing chronic pain
- It has a detectable heavy odor
- Dry mouth and eyes
- Paranoia usually results in inexperienced users
10. Cherry Pie
Cherry Pie is an Indica-dominant hybrid strain. The Indica is making up to 80% of the Cherry Pie strain. It is a cross between Durban Poison and Granddaddy Purple. Cherry Pie originates from California. Furthermore, has a wide range of potency from a low of 13% and a high of 23% THC content.
Cherry Pie has a dank smell that engulfs the room. The aroma is like a combination of cherries, blueberries, and earthy spice. At first, it is piney, gradually subsiding into the smoked cherry flavor. The sweet and sour cherry taste remains as an aftertaste. Moreover, it has dense buds which are full of orange pistils. Most of its looks are from the Durban Poison parent. The purple coloring associated with GDP parent is rare on the Cherry Pie.
- It evokes feelings of happiness.
- Best for social events.
- Induce creativity.
- Helps with stress and anxiety.
- Ideal for dealing with depression.
- Not recommended for those who have insomnia.
- Increase paranoia.
- Dry mouth and dry eyes.
- Mild headache.
11. Wedding Cake
Wedding Cake is an Indica-dominant hybrid. Its parents are Triangle Kush and Animal Mints. Firstly, it was initially bred in Southern California. Shockingly it is a highly potent strain with high THC levels reaching a high of 27%.
Initially, it has an earthy and doughy scent that subsides into a sweet aroma. On another note, it has soil and sour flavors. However, the sugary notes appear after a little while. For those using vaporizers, to get the best flavor, use a low-temperature setting. The calyxes are covered with trichomes. It has shades of grape and pinkish-red color. The dense buds have a teardrop shape. Wedding Cake got its name from the coloring as well Pink Cookies, which is its other name.
- Provides relaxing and euphoric effects.
- Relieve symptoms associated with pain, insomnia, and appetite loss.
- Manage anxiety and depression due to its uplifting effects.
- Its high THC level makes it a strong painkiller for musculoskeletal pain such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Cottonmouth and red eyes.
- It can cause paranoia if taken in excess.
- Not suitable for novices.
Chemdawg is a Sativa-dominant strain. Its origin up to now is still a mystery. Despite that, it has powerful offspring, which includes the Sour Diesel and OG Kush. It has THC levels of between 15-20%. However, the real catch of this strain is its insanely distinct, diesel-like aroma and its super-fast-acting effects.
It has a pungency smell with notes of chemicals and diesel. The earthy notes combined with the diesel scent make the Chemdawg a serious musky strain. Additionally, it has a strong taste of diesel with undertones of pine and a slight tang. The buds are medium-sized and tapered. It has green leaves, which are also covered in sticky trichomes. Spread around are pistils that have a burnt orange color.
- Ideal for socialization.
- It has high cerebral effects great for dealing with stress, PTSD, anxiety, and depression.
- It is good for migraines and headaches.
- Disorienting high THC levels can cause paranoia.
- Dry mouth and eyes.
- Not suitable for beginners.
Ak47 is a Sativa-dominant hybrid strain. It contains roughly 65% Sativa and 35% Indica. Ak47 is one of the vest strains with 16 awards, including the High Time Cannabis Cup. Ak47 is a product of four strains combined into one. The Serious Seeds in the Netherlands developed the Ak47 in 1992. It is a mix of Colombian, Mexican, Thai, and Afghan, resulting in a complex combination of flavors and effects. Moreover, it has an average THC content of 20%.
It has an initial sour scent which is followed by hints of floral and earthy aromas. Ak47 has a lime green color coupled with bright red-orange pistils. The buds have silver-white color. Additionally, it has crystal trichomes that brighten when exposed to light. It has a strong flavor that is felt on the taste buds. On top of that, it has sweet, floral notes which offer a dessert-like sensation.
- Provides uplifting effects best to combat stress and anxiety.
- It boosts creativity and increases focus.
- Provides therapeutic benefits for patients suffering from mood disorders and insomnia.
- Relieve physical pain such as chronic pain and nausea.
- It increases appetite.
- Cottonmouth and dry eyes.
- Slight paranoia.
Ways to Finding the Best Cannabis Strains for You: Buyer’s Guide
With a wide range of available cannabis strains available, choosing the best one can be tough. The selection is so diverse, with each strain offering different effects. Some strains are physically relaxing whilst others are more mentally uplifting, and others offer a mix of both. Additionally, these effects differ with others having more pronounced effects compared to other strains.
For a more body-focused high, Indica-dominant hybrids are most suited. Whilst Sativa-dominant strains provide a head-focused high. The hybrids also have differing effects depending on the ratio of the Indica to Sativa present in the strain. Moreover, the levels of THC and CBD present in the strain determine the high that is felt. High-THC strains give stronger psychoactive high, which can be overwhelming if taken in excess. Balanced hybrids containing 50/50 Indica and Sativa offer a more balanced effect.
On the other hand, high-CBD strains offer a more relaxing effect which is ideal for medical users. The strains have different smells and tastes. The terpenes found in marijuana determine the difference in taste and smell of the marijuana. Fruity terpenes provide a sweet aroma and taste whilst others are earthy, floral, spicy, and herbal.
Therefore, with the great variety of strains available, you can narrow down your selection to the preferred taste, aroma, and effects. Moreover, this great selection makes it ideal for choosing the best hybrid strain suited for the particular required effect.
Finally, you are well versed with some of the strongest hybrid strains available on the market. They offer a wide range of medicinal benefits and a lot more. Some of the strains unlock the creativeness in artists and at the same time have uplifting effects. These top hybrid strains have the highest potency ensuring that the experienced smokers are taken care of.
Especially for beginners, a point to note is to take these strains in small portions, gradually increasing the dosage. The extreme potency found in some of these heavyweight strains can leave one extremely paranoid if not taken correctly. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that you note the quantity you use to avoid the adverse effects associated with an overdose of marijuana. Enjoy the best hybrid strains available on the market.