And even though experts have been brought in to evaluate those applications for suitability, I still don’t know how you can properly evaluate an application based SOLELY on what is submitted on paper. The question really should be whether or not the persons involved can implement the plan.
So how exactly these 500+ MME applications are evaluated, in addition to how accurate such evaluations will be, remains a huge open question.
In addition, as James DeHaven of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports today, there are still a lot of unanswered questions as to how the final approval process is going to take place and who will get the final say.
Some legislators are saying that the only role the local jurisdictions will play is issuing zone approvals for proposed locations and the state will actually pick which MME operators will be licensed to open their businesses in the various counties/cities.
The locals have another idea altogether. They say they will make the final determinations and the ratings which will be issued by the state’s application evaluators next month will be used as just one criterion in granting the final licenses.
If the elected officials don’t even know how this process, how in the world are the business entities trying to open shop supposed to know what the rules are. This…is…a…mess.
- Obama’s nominee for a top DOJ slot has said states should legalize marijuana. That’s a huge deal
- Is Hillary Clinton ready for marijuana’s 2016 push?
- NJ medical marijuana: Another family soured on program moving to Colorado for help
- The Legalization of Marijuana Could Reduce Alcoholism
- The Surprising Value of Legal Marijuana
- Portland hopes to tax recreational marijuana
- Medical marijuana does not increase crime rate, study says
- Medical marijuana rules to be tightened
- Colorado Governor Slams Marijuana Legalization, Then Takes Pot Lobby Donations
- Connellsville family continues fight to see medical marijuana legalized
- State may soon have another DUI category for marijuana
- Oregon governor’s fiancée once aspired to be a marijuana farmer
- Arizona lawmaker plans bill to legalize marijuana
- Durbin: Feds Will Have To Address Medical Marijuana Law
- How Medical Marijuana is Helping Mark Bushey Cope with ALS
- Marijuana to be grown by Italian army – in order to bring the price down
- After California decriminalized marijuana, teen arrest, overdose and dropout rates fell
- Marijuana may protect the brain from traumatic injury, study suggests
- DOJ official: California should strengthen medical marijuana oversight
- Delaware poll: Legalize marijuana
- How marijuana legalization in Colorado and Washington is making the world a better place